The last time you saw these Static socks they looked like this. Notice anything strange with them? Look at the ribbing.
Well, now they look like this. When I went to turn the heels I realized with horror (and I mean HORROR) that I had cast on 56 stitches on one and 60 on the other. Can you believe it? Seriously. I wanted to kick myself all over the house. It's been a long time since I hated so hard on myself as I ripped it all out and started over. My punishment is that I can't touch any of my other knitting projects until I get the little one back up to the heel. Sigh....
On a happier note, Avalon came out as nice as I hoped. With my last two batches I seemed to have cracked the code.
First, use the smallest of my measuring cups for adding color. Less is more.
Second, add only 1/2 TBL of fragrance regardless of what the fragrance calculators call for. Again, less is more.
Third, don't heat the incubator box if I want to avoid glycerin rivers and want a nice smooth bar.
Yesterday's pour was back to basics with a simple oat milk soap. No color, no fragrance, no animal products-just some colloidal oatmeal and some oat milk I had made by soaking some raw oatmeal overnight. It's a very friendly soap for anyone with allergies. I added flecks of powdered vanilla pods because I saw someone do it on YouTube and thought it looked cool. It's supposed to make a natural vanilla smell but I didn't smell anything. Like always... we'll see tomorrow when I cut it.