Sunday, February 26, 2023

Bits and Bobs

 

Thanks to some windy days I've been spending more time in the lower level hiding out with Pup in the downstairs craft room. What I've been doing is digging out old projects and giving them a bit of attention. I took that panel of attached yo yos I found and started appliqueing it down to make a pillow cover. 



I've also started another panel for maybe another pillow or maybe something bigger. This is just the kind of tedious, mindless work I like to do when listening to a podcast or audio book.





I also dug out all my boxes of beads and made a few stitch markers to see if I remembered how. I did. 




I've been working on my latest mandala and doing a bit of watercoloring which means I was just slopping some paint around on those little paper blocks I like so much but can't find anywhere anymore.





I even got out that pricey punch needle thingy I bought ages ago and gave it a try. It's going to take some time to get this figured out. It's not as easy as it looks. 





I might have been busy inside this week but things have been even busier outside. The trees are hard at work. It may still officially be February for a few more days but spring has sprung.


5 comments:

  1. Look at that tree!! I like you little yo-yo projects. Pillows sound like a great idea. And stitch markers!! You do so many different things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous cherry blossom tree. We were in Japan when they bloomed several years ago. So pretty. Your pillows are going to be great too. You have so much more patience than I do.
    I made a few stitch markers once but I would have to get some tools if I really wanted to do it right.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring sure hasn't sprung here as we got snow again last night! It was nice to see those pretty pink blossoms, for sure. Nice work on the WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Look at those blossoms. Our trees have all budded up, but it just feels way too early!
    I love your little yo-yos! I don't think I'd have the patience to sew them all down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like digging through old ideas and seeing if they still make us smile! The blossoming tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete