The one thing I've been able to do in this mess is knit. It's the only thing saving my sanity at the moment. I just grab a project bag and zone out in a corner somewhere. The stripey twins are heading down the foot.
The latest man sock is getting a heel.
The conjoined sleeves of the Lofoten are done.....
.....and I've cast on the body.
My fourth Mosi hat is at the top decreases.
Soldotna was very naughty. Her hem rolled AGAIN. I had to rip it out all those bound off stitches and add another inch or so. The trick is that ribbing has to be at least 2 inches. I don't know how the rest of the people who knit this did it but the itty bitty hem the pattern calls for just won't work for me. Now I have to get her sleeves off the holders and rib them and she'll be history.
As for the epic remodeling mess, the molding is painted. Tomorrow we have to go off to Home Depot for quarter round and then we'll get it down and move everything back into the living room. Yay.
One of the bad things about having all these shiny new floors is that Pup slides on them if she tries to run. She has two torn ACLs in both her back legs so sliding is a no no. I am trying out these little gripper socks to see if it helps when she gets in the mood to play. She looks ticked off here but she's just tired. We just got back from a trip to Petsmart and she's all worn out. She actually wore the silly little socks for a long time without a problem much to our surprise.
And that soap I made yesterday....well, it's weird. It's kind of bumpy and the colors look meh. I am finding that goat's milk is hard to work with. It turns everything brown and the fat in it gets a little clumpy. I don't think my aloe juice is helping either. It has bits of pulp in it. I run everything through a strainer but it still has an odd texture. In 6 weeks I'll see if all this was worth it. I hope so. There's a lot of expensive stuff in this soap.