Saturday, September 14, 2019

As Promised

 The weather people got it right. It was a beautiful day.



By beautiful I mean cool and gray. That's my kind of weather.



 Now that the tourists are all gone the wildlife is back in charge. This big gull was guarding its fish. There was so much drama going on that I had to leave. Birds can be pretty mean critters and it looked like the whole thing was turning ugly.



 That gull is one of the big guys that showed up a few weeks ago. You can see how much bigger they are when they are surrounded by our regular gulls. They are monsters.



 Then there was a flock of these handsome fellows. They were stirring up lots of trouble. I think they are herring gulls and they may be pretty but they make an awful racket.




 It was so nice we went back at dinnertime to the Farmer's Market.



I finally got the brick oven pizza I have wanted all summer. It was worth the wait.

11 comments:

  1. That pizza looks yummy. I'm still waiting for that cooler weather. It's way to hot here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cool and gray too. It statrts today! Liana

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to be a part of your coastal culture through your blog photos. I love the beach and the wildlife, especially when the weather is a bit cooler and the tourists have gone home. Thanks for sharing. I feel like I have had a mini summer holiday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh my, that pizza looks divine! I can't believe how large the monster gulls are: they would make me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, Yum and YUM!

    Yes, gulls can be awful to each other. Very aggressive birds. I guess that is the nature of sea birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pizza looks awesome! It's so nice to spend time in favourite places without all the people around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome photos! We had a gloriously cool & cloudy day yesterday but the heat is returning today. Pretty typical for a Virginia fall actually. Glad you got your pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pizza certainly looks worth the wait. The fact that the weather was cooler and less crowds would just add to the enjoyment of being at the farmers market.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's cool and gray here, too. Have a nice weekend! That pizza looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa! Those birds are HUGE! I would keep my distance from them. And I would love a piece of your pizza. It looks delicious.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I much prefer a good pizza to almost anything else! Love beach time-no matter the weather!

    ReplyDelete