Saturday, May 26, 2018

You've Got Mail

 The Mister went up to get the mail yesterday and came back with an armful. First, Cindy sent me a big pile of wool for rug hooking. Bless you, Cindy. It's all just what I needed and greatly appreciated.



 The next box was my latest Connecting Threads order. I needed backing material for Daddio's Thangle quilt.


I thought this might work.



 I also added a couple of these clearance packs of charm squares. Aren't they just gorgeous? I'm thinking fall table runner and mini quilt-someday.



 I said I wasn't going to get this month's card kit but after watching this month's tutorial I caved. Look at that giant stamp set. I couldn't resist.


 Amazon sent me some new watercolor paper, small brushes and a new paint set.



I have a thing for little paint sets and when I saw someone use this one on You Tube I had to have it. It's fun colors for doodling.


I'm not the only one who's caught the art bug around here. The Mister made this card for a graduating relative. It's so cute. I love it. 



He also watched a string art tutorial on Facebook the other day and now he's making string art. I think I need to get him an art journal.

8 comments:

  1. Wowser! That is a lot of supplies. Your craft room must be fun to organize. Ha! I could just do all of my shopping there. I think it’s great that the Mister is joining you in crafty endeavors. That card he made turned out fantastic. I hope you have a great weekend.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like BOTH of you are pretty "crafty".

    I love the little "stitched" edge around the card he made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love that the Mister is enjoying the creative process, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the backing fabric will be quite nice! And the graduation card is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with the wool!
    I love all the projects you have going on-so cool that your husband is artsy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see it now, he'll need his own craft room! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that The Mister likes to create. Have fun with all your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hats off to the Mister for that amazing card creation. You doing okay with Fathers day around the bend??? Im here for you incase it gets tough.

    ReplyDelete