Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Awash

On that gloomy week I was stuck inside because of all that rain I took advantage of my new watercolor toys. Watercolor and I have a history. Love. Hate. When I was an art student in college it was the one thing that I never had even the tiniest bit of success with-but those little tubes. I love those little tubes.




I keep thinking if I buy enough tools it will equal a bit of mastery. Not yet. Here is my new palette. The little ceramic one was cute but not big enough for 24 tubes of color.



 I got the round brushes that match my pricey flat brush. They are nice. Silver Black Velvet. That brush holder stands up. I found it with a set of cheapo brushes on Amazon. I kept the case and pitched the brushes.



First I painted the tubes for my color swatches. Painting swatches is more fun that knitting swatches.



Then I played with backgrounds. I like backgrounds. I hate having to do something with them.



Backgrounds turn into flower doodles when you have no real talent. I am not trying to prove anything anymore, just fill some time so it's all good.



The art journal thing is more my speed. I used the cut up prints to make a.....background. What else.



Look at this! I did finally finish one of my orphan backgrounds. All it took was an old stamp set and a couple of little drawings. Maybe this art thing won't be as hard as I thought.

8 comments:

  1. Such beautiful backgrounds! Maybe I should take out my watercolors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness!!!! The 'swatch' of each of the paint tubes is incredible! Do not say you can't paint ever again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I love those backgrounds! The flowers are really pretty (flowers are my favorite doodle). I think you've made a brilliant start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Painting intimidates me, but it looks like so much fun. I love the backgrounds and your flower "doodles" which look fabulous, especially the one on the far right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful. I don’t care what you say. I think the backgrounds and the flower doodles are real works of art. I am repeating myself...I think they are beautiful!
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those flower doodles!!! You are certainly more talented than you let on! We left the rainy Midwest and came home to unexpected sunshine and warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are quite GOOD at it.

    ReplyDelete