Friday, May 4, 2018

Going Through the Motions


 I should be beyond excited that tomorrow is the big day but truth be told-I'm not.



Not even when I found this perfect little leaf that must have hitched a ride home from the SVFF last fall.



 Cleaning out my basket in preparation for the MDSW is always a big deal. This year I am rather blah about it.



 Along with all my souvenir booklets, I keep this card in my basket. Daughter gave it to me years ago with cash for the fest. When she was little she used to be my companion but since she works on Saturdays now it's been years since she has come with me.


 I still keep my money in the card. I have $10 left from last year. Woo hoo.....



 One good thing, or sad thing is that I have two tickets this year. When The Mister's old doggie got sick he couldn't go with me as we couldn't really leave her alone for that long. This year he can go. Sigh. Maybe that's why I'm not feeling it. I'm sure I'll be fine as soon as all those wool fumes hit me in the face. Life goes on....

11 comments:

  1. But what about those Valais Black Nose sheep?!? That has to be exciting to see them this year.....I so wanted to be able to get there to see those cute sheep but sadly I can't make it. You have to go see them and take lots of pictures for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so love to be attending the festival with you. Your preparations are perfect. Have fun and breathe in some wool fumes for me.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go and be with our people. It is guaranteed to be great. I wish I could be with you
    Cheryl from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Changes like this bring all the old memories rushing in, don't they?! Go and have a good time and make new memories/traditions; it will be good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that basket! Wish I had bought one when I was at the Allentown Fiber Festival (another basket is like the last thing I need...but want? Oh yeah!!). Wishing you perfect weather and a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to go but it's almost a three hour drive for us and I can't muster up the inspiration. I have never been. Maybe another year. Share your joys at the show with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your basket and all the memories it holds! I agree with Delighted Hands that this will be a wonderful opportunity to add some new memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy! I'm imagining your basket filled with luscious fiber.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could go with you instead of The Mister. SO sorry you are feeling the loss of Ole Doggie. I picked up Max's ashes the other day, why the vet held onto them so long without notifying me I'll never know. I got so sad for a few minutes and hugged that canister to my chest, then of course two puppies almost knocked me over.......time to remember Max and remind myslef how blessed I am.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw you perhaps it is just what you need to get your mojo on!!! Hope so. have fun. Wishing you great weather. Aren't our emotions weird? Somedays I can't figure mine out at all. But a hummingbird just came to my lil feeder and it made my heart happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm, I thought I posted last night? Anyhow, have fun, and fill up that basket. It's fun to watch you deal with the fleece. Sure wish you lived closer and could teach me to spin.

    ReplyDelete