On this past holiday weekend I finally found the time to sit down at the loom and start weaving my latest towel project.
For the first time ever I used a yarn the thickness of sewing thread for the hem area. I loved the way it looked. I wanted to do the whole towel with it but realized the impracticality of that.
The body of the towel is woven with a two strands of a very stiff cotton which is another first.
Even though this pattern is not at all fussy I'm using lifelines to mark my pattern repeats. It is going to go fast from this point on so I should already be warping my next project if I want to keep something on the loom. Time to go digging in the weaving stash.