Sunday, December 14, 2014

Non Negotiables

 I'm a slow starter when it comes to getting out the holiday stuff but you know it's starting to happen when the twinkle light comes out. It's not Christmas without it. I spent my youth staring at it while praying for a snow day. When I was a young, single mom, I stared at it while worrying about how I was going to pay for all those toys I had on layaway. Now I spend my senior years staring at it while trying to reconcile the things I have lost along the way with the things that I am still blessed with.



If funny Mr. Santa isn't up on the refrigerator keeping an eye on things something's wrong. He's one of the first things I dig out of storage. I can't wait for Grandson to be old enough to make me stuff like this.



 You know the spirit has moved me when you see the Santa puzzle emerge. Pre-kitties, we always had it on the coffee table ready in the event of a spare minute to add a piece or two. It's still there but now it's always covered up to protect it from naughty critters. We already have one piece missing. I keep telling myself to get on ebay and find myself another one just in case the worst happens. You know, someone has a birthday right before Christmas every year and it would be nice if one day, someone's kids would find her another one as a big surprise. Just sayin'....


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have treasures of the season! I'm also a Christmas time baby....

    ReplyDelete