Saturday, December 20, 2014

ISO: Light Gold


 Even before the thumb smashing, I had run into trouble with the sampler. I had goofed up the counting on the top row and had to pull it all out. I didn't think it would be an issue because I had bought another kit just in case I ran into trouble.


The problem was that the used kit I had bought was missing the light gold I needed also.


Contacting this company (Sunset) for color information has been impossible and they use a code for colors instead of just coming out and saying which brand they use. I picked up every possibility from several craft stores and so far nothing is making me happy. I need a sunny day and some quiet time to sort this out so it's going in time out until after the holidays.



4 comments:

  1. Sunset and Dimenstions are using Coats threads in their kits. So, the closest colours should be Anchor. Some of the colours are identical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, oh! A cross stitching disaster! Hope you can find a good solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pulling out threads is the worst! Hope you get it figured out, but Liana seems to have an answer for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete