Monday, December 8, 2014

Box of Fun

I still am looking forward to getting out my big box of Brava to hook a row or two most nights.


 It doesn't seem to be getting much bigger and I am worried I am going to run out of yarn before I run out of blanket.


 Those Knit Pick colors are a trip. Each one reminds me of a sweater your grandma made way back before the knitting renaissance made yarn cool.


Each week or so, Lucy arranges the colors for the next section and then posts it. I'm trying to keep up but right now I am five weeks behind which is 15 colors times 5 rows behind. Golly, that's 75 rows. I'll never make it to the finish on time but I could care less.

6 comments:

  1. Crochet does use up a lot more yarn than knitting. The blanket is looking good; just keep working until you do run out of the yarn and reassess and maybe you will be happy with the size it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Knitting Renaissance" -- I love this. Your box of colors is definitely a lot of fun. I'm glad you're not worried about doing this "in time". Just watching these colored stripes come together is going to be a blast. It's like candy or something edible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow and steady won the race...... It looks terrific! I am slowly catching up on blogging after almost a modemless week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as you are having fun don't sweat the deadlines!!! It will gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do agree and know for a fact that crochet uses more yarn than knitting, but it is so pretty in your blanket. Carry on

    ReplyDelete
  6. Regardless of when you finish, you'll have one coool blanket!

    ReplyDelete