Monday, December 29, 2014

DONE!

My little snowman bag is mighty happy and so am I.


 On December 26, 2014 at about 11 pm, my Advent Scarf was a done deal.


 The morning of the 27th it got a soak...


 ...and a good stretching.

 I ended up completing thirteen days instead of the the twelve out of the twenty four I had intended. It's plenty big.


 I had this much leftover from my second skein.


 I used this size of beads and this size hook to attach them and they worked perfectly. I am documenting all of this so that next year I can just get to knitting instead of wasting time fussing about with all the details.


Speaking of next year, I am putting all these things back into the smiling snowman bag-including the yarn for next year so I won't have to go looking for anything. This way I can start on time for a change and maybe, just maybe, finish up on the 24th with everyone else.


 All the stress and fuss was worth it. In just 22 days I managed to complete this thing of beauty bum thumb and all.


Of course all the credit goes to the designer, Kristen Benecken, who since 2010 has hosted the Advent Scarf KAL on Ravelry. If you can count, decrease stitches and make yarnovers you can do this. Seriously. The hardest part is keeping up. Even the beading is a piece of cake.


 It is goose pimply pretty if I say so myself but it's real value is in the memories I made while working on it. It nearly brings me to tears remembering the good times and not so good times of this holiday season. Silly old me.

8 comments:

  1. A true work of art! I'm so glad you finished it! Great ideas for getting started in time next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I may just have to join in next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. FANTASTIC. Absolutely amazing and detailed. WOW WOW WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is utterly gorgeous. It is also outside on your steps. Oh My!
    I can't seem to keep track of the counting part of lace. Maybe by next year my brain fog will lift. I sure would love to make one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is gorgeous! Good luck with your 2015 plans. And prayers for your Dad and the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work! I think I need to stop where I am on the 2010 one and call it done as it is very long, too. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's absolutely beautiful. You know I adore you, but yeah, that advent project is never going to happen for me, ha! I will have to keep coming by to visit yours. This is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete