Wednesday, December 3, 2014

More Purple Reign

This whole costume making business is making me crazy.


I make things, we go to rehearsal with them and then I have to re-do them.


 The original skirts were too flimsy, so now I am hand tying lots and lots of tutus. They take up a lot of room and they are everywhere.


 Even worse were the sparkly vests. The glued on sequins won't stay on so now I'm hand sewing them on. This is going to take forever.


All those ruffles also had to be hand made before being sewn on because you can't find purple ruffle anywhere. I'm not even going to mention the giant pile of boot covers that still need to be fitted or the scenery that has to be sewn. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm having fun. Yippee...





8 comments:

  1. So sorry for all the 're-doing!!!! I do know the sequins will machine sew, just use a 90 needle and Silky militiamen thread and bobbin thread to match the vests. Play around with a long stitch length and you are in business. I can't help with the other areas! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I hope I typed the right word for monofilament thread and not something bizarre...I forgot to check auto-check!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha...it did but I knew what you meant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I bet it's going to look amazing when it all comes together though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and they are SOOOO sew lucky to have you volunteering! OMG you are great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, that is lame you have to do some "redoing/do overing" but you are so industrious I know it's going to be twice as fantastic as I think it all already looks. I thought it was so cool how you got Mustang Eddie to help you. Perhaps he can tackle the sparkles with you again?

    Cheering you on with this "extra fun"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am no help I had to have a cocktail after reading about the sequins and tutus

    ReplyDelete