Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Wednesday WIPs

 

I'm so happy I fought the battle of Riddari and came out on the other side. The light brown adds a lot to the design. It was worth ripping back to make it right. I'm also not working on a section with three colors at the moment so it's been smooth sailing for a change.




One of the handspun socks is finished. It's big and baggy but it's supposed to fit over my regular socks for extra warmth when it's too cold for my Crocs alone. 




I finished attaching the fifth row of Audun and have a pile of squares ready to go for row six.




And....my former co-workers met for lunch on Monday afternoon in Annapolis. We haven't seen each other since before the Pandemic. Several of us, me included, are not too fond of eating in crowded restaurants anymore but we found a place that was practically empty. We talked and laughed and then talked and laughed some more. It was a good time.




One of my them had recently discovered the Diamond Dotz thing so I had to show her the light house that The Mister's been working on. She showed me photos of her portfolio. She keeps her finished projects in a binder and I wish I could show you how many she had. 




She even brought us each a Dotz magnet as a gift and took orders for some really beautiful bookmarks. They are not a particularly crafty bunch so for me to be able to share someone else's excitement over their work made the day even better. 




Finally....I know you've heard of the bridge collapse here in Maryland. I woke up to the alert at 6 am which is just about the time that my new found brother goes over that bridge to work every morning. Thankfully it happened late at night and thankfully there was some warning but still.....what a mess. What a heartbreak for those who lost family members. I watch those cargo ships go by everyday heading up to the Bay Bridge and it never crossed my mind that such a thing was possible. It sure makes you think. 




















8 comments:

  1. The bridge is such a tragedy. I feel so bad for the families of those poor people that were lost.
    I'm glad you were able to have such a great time with your friends. The magnets are very pretty. I just finished a dots journal notebook that was a gift from a youtube vlogger that I met in Texas in January. It's beautiful.
    Ridari is looking great! I'm so glad you persevered.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riddari looks great and so does your sock and Audun. The lunch with co-workers also sounds fun. I always wonder what people do when they retire if they don't do some sort of craft, but you do all the crafts!
    I thought about those poor construction workers and their families all day yesterday. What a tragedy the whole thing is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure was a terrible tragedy to wake up to yesterday! I'm so glad your brother was okay. I hope the powers that be can get to the bottom of the reason for the accident. I love the projects you highlight on this post! I'm so glad the luncheon was an encouraging time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been so frightening, thinking of your brother. Glad he is safe but what a horrible thing. Your craftiness continues to inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to get together with friends - especially when you haven't done so in so long! Your sweater is gorgeous and I love your hands-on socks - very autumn looking (my favorite season). That b ridge accident is just heart breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on all your projects.

    I watched the video of the bridge and it was just incredible (in a not good way) - down so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shhh, don't tell the extended family that live in MD, but I actually thought of you before them when I saw the news about the bridge. We've crossed that bridge many, many times. So sad and terrifying. It has not helped my fear of being trapped in a car under water. As for more pleasant things, Riddari looks great, the sock is gorgeous, and I Love the lighthouse! Where did The Mister get that one?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought about you when I heard about the Key collapse. Horrifying.

    So glad you were able to spend time with friends.

    ReplyDelete