Friday, March 29, 2024

Friday Fluff

 

This yak is a done deal. 



It took me a while to get used to the yak down that was mixed in with the merino but it all sorted itself out. I was hoping it was neck worthy but it's not so it won't be the cowl I was was hoping for but it will be something, someday.



Now I'm working on that merino I carded last week. 





I thought it needed a bit more contrast so I bought some darker roving to add to the next batts I make. 




The handspun Garter Squish is much happier with the lighter yellow and green mix. It grew about an inch this week.



And....the second handspun sock is on the needles. I didn't have a great time making the first on to be honest but I'm determined to see it through. Then I'm going to dive into my glorious sock yarn stash and find something fun because this sure isn't. 









7 comments:

  1. The handspun socks will be warm and cozy though!! Pretty colors everywhere in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised the yak skein isn't softer but at least it's pretty. And that purple fluff is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yak turned out so pretty and the merino looks like an easter egg! :-) Maybe the sock isn't fun to knit, but the colors are great together. I can't believe how much you get done in a day.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love all the colors! Most of what you say is Greek to me but I always enjoy your fabulous projects! Happy Easter, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gong to dive into the stash for sock yarn today too! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty, pretty colors! Jobs well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fiber you have going on is stunning! The new yarn turned out great! Handspun makes for great projects-both the blankets and the socks are the epitome of comfort!

    ReplyDelete