Saturday, March 16, 2024

Sticker Shock

 

I haven't been to the MDSW in quite a few years for one reason or another so when I got an email from the festival this week I was surprised as heck to see that admission was $15 dollars per person per day this year. If you want this catalog it's an additional $5.  



The last time I attended it was a $5 suggested donation and for the past 20 plus years before that it was always free. Catalogs were found all around the grounds, in boxes for the taking. 




It's a wonderful festival and I can imagine it takes a lot of effort and money to make it happen so I don't begrudge them a penny of it but I can still feel a little shocked. I hope to be there this year but I'm all too aware that life seems to happen in ways that I can never predict anymore. I don't need a thing to add to the stash but I could use a dose of inspiration. That's always in short supply these days.




6 comments:

  1. I've never been to MDS&W, but I'm not much for crowds. The inspiration would sure be nice, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! That's a big jump in price but I'm sure it's needed to pay for everything. I remember, and still have, the catalog you sent my after the festival years ago. I still get it out and look at it.
    I would love to go with you sometime. I've never been to a big sheep and wool festival like that. I do watch some of them on youtube though. I always enjoy the videos of Rhinebeck too. I hope you get to go this year.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a huge jump in price! I haven't been in years either and miss taking the trip but I'm glad for the huge price increase this year. It's a nice deterrant for me since I'm on my self imposed yarn diet through June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go if it was completely empty (or maybe only a dozen other people). I'd pay $15 for that! But paying $15 to fight crowds to buy stuff---not sure about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the yarn festivals around here just got too busy. It was no fun fighting crowds. I'll stay at home and knit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a shock but at least I think you will get your money's worth, if you do go! We used to have a sheep and herding dog show in April an hour away but it was cancelled in 2020 and never returned!

    ReplyDelete