Thursday, March 14, 2024

Can You Dig It?

 

Guess what we did again yesterday? As soon as we could move our old bodies we took off to a big name hardware store that had a bigger garden department than our mini Walmart has. It didn't disappoint. $150 later I had a few more fancy shrubs, some perennials, some pansies and three more little pots of narcissus to put in the ground. We spent the day once again digging holes and hauling bags of dirt and mulch. Whew....it didn't help that it was sunny and in the high 70's. That's crazy for March around here and too hot for me.



Our old bodies are not having a lot of fun with all this bending and lifting so the only crafty thing I've done is to spend an hour or so downstairs playing with paints and inks while hiding from a wind storm we had earlier in the week. 





I really liked making that paper quilt so I wanted to make more paper to cut up so I could make another. I wanted this paper to look like fabric so I made a background print and then stamped on top of that. 






See where I'm going with it? This was a test run and it was too big for my little journal so I'll be cutting those hexies smaller before I do any more gluing. 




And....when I was digging through my art junk I found a folder full of these watercolor swatches I had made years ago. They look an awful lot like batik to me. I could definitely do something with these....when I recover from all that digging. Ouch. Everything hurts. 







6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you need a day off from digging! Time to sit with the heating pad and admire your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are amazing! Like energizer bunnies. :-) You keep going, and going and going.
    That paper painting is just beautiful and looks like lots of fun too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh - the garden centres aren't even open here yet! At least another month! I'm actually going to try not to buy new plants this year - I have the pile of clearance plants in one of the veg beds I have to find room for - plus all my seeds... which I have to start soon... But your pictures are making me itchy to get out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hot, tired and sore just reading about all your digging. Love the art though. Those hexies really do look like fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting plant nurseries is dangerous, isn't it? I came home from one yesterday with some work to do also. Too tempting!

    ReplyDelete