Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

Thanks to a rainy Saturday I made some headway on a few projects. Village Quaker got a Mayan pyramid looking thingy mostly done on the bottom. I still have some leafy flowery things to put on each side before I can move on. 




That green tea leaf on the Tea Sampler got finished. It doesn't look like much but there's a lot of stuff going on in it. Not a fan. This project just might NOT turn out to be my cup of tea after all-ahem. 




Miss Sheep wasn't exactly smooth sailing either. I had to switch up colors because she faded into the fabric. Instead of a white sheep I'm going to have a dirty one. I've seen white sheep up close so I know my darker version is much more on the nose. All that's missing is the smell but I admit I kinda like it. I miss having a dirty fleece to wash. 





And finally....that border box gave me FITS. The small one on the bottom that I finished had to be stitched THREE TIMES before I got it right. First, I used the wrong color. Then I put it in the wrong place. AND THEN I miscounted so it was two rows short which I didn't discover until I had already started the motif in the center. 
Some days it doesn't pay to even pick up a needle. 















8 comments:

  1. No doubt about it - borders can be tricky. My favorite is The Village Quaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it's a good thing you did pick up your needle to get some stitching done; it all looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all coming along so well. I like the Village Quaker. Sorry about the problems with the others. I really like the colors in the last one. How come what looks like it will be so simple, (the border box), is ALWAYS what deals us fits? Glad it's done now. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, some days.....
    Your stitching looks nice to me but I know how the mood affects the work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen a lot of sheep up close, and they are never white - so I think your little sheep is bang on the money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling projects! Enjoy Tuesday, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 'dirty' sheep! My daughter stitched her first cross stitch piece and gave it to me for Christmas. It has white snowflakes on a white background so you can't see the snowflakes at all. With her permission, I'm outlining them in a pale metalic blue to make them more visible - and icy looking.

    ReplyDelete