Friday, March 15, 2024

Quelle Horreur

 

Look closely at this official photo of Riddari. Notice how the colors change in the yoke? The dark brown changes to a tan, right? Well, I didn't exactly notice that on the chart and I knit three long rounds in the WRONG COLOR. 



Oh, but that's not the worst part. While tinking back one blessed stitch at a time while untangling all those wraps MY NEEDLE BROKE and all my stitches went flying out into the universe like rats jumping off a ship. After staring at the mess in shock for what felt like hours, I managed to get them all rounded up onto another circular AND then discovered that I DON'T have that size needle tip in my needle stash AND Knit Picks doesn't make the nickle tips in that size anymore. I'm done with the wood ones since this seems to be happening with my old kit more and more. I had to buy a whole starter pack of needles just to get a size 7 tip in nickle so I can finish this dang thing. Now I have to WAIT until it gets here before I can do anymore work on it which isn't really a problem since I still have days of nasty tinking back to do. 
It's always something. 





4 comments:

  1. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. That's horrible. All of that colorwork. I'm so sorry Debbie. At least us other knitters can commiserate with you.
    I haven't had that problem with my Knit Pick rainbow tips but it could happen. They're getting a bit old. And Knit Picks always takes forever to ship things, at least to me. I hope yours arrive soon and no more stitches go flying.
    Blessings and huge hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater sounds like it needs a time out! Here's hoping your needles arrive quickly and you are in the mood for tinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm pretty sure I have a spare set of the exact needle you were using. Want me to drop it in the mail? Email me at jeanniegrayknits@gmail.com with your address.

    ReplyDelete