Sunday, March 10, 2024

A Big Idea

 

I'm halfway through the threading so it's time to think about warping something new. I could just make another towel or.....



....I could go in another direction. I've been watching someone online make the most gorgeous plaid scarves and I've been inspired. After stash diving I found a bag of already wound up sock yarn in these neutrals. I think they were supposed to be for a hat that never happened. I gave them the snap test to see if they would hold up under the strain of being wound on the loom and they passed so I see a scarf in my future. Not soon because I'm waiting for some more colors of this sock yarn to show up before I start winding. 




And...The Mister has his latest dotz project finished. I like it. This is the one he didn't want to do because he said it was too hard. He had it finished in just a few weeks. I'm going to have to get another one here soon because the time he spends sitting in front of something like this is not the time he needs me to be an assistant to whatever else he's got the bug to be doing. 


7 comments:

  1. Big ideas and big projects are happening in your household!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the contrast between neutrals and COLOR in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dotz picture is great. I have a journal that the cover has beads on it that I want to work on. I think your scarf sounds like a great idea. I look forward to seeing the other colors to.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister loves those dotz projects, too. It will be fun to see the progress on your weaving latest piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new loom idea! The Dotz pic is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dot picture is great. I made this large parrots on a branch one for my mother last year, she put it up over her bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I can't believe the Mister finished that dot painting so quickly. That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete