Thursday, March 21, 2024

All Wound Up

 

All the yarn I had ripped back from the fingering weight Gray Blob was a kinky mess. I had taken care of some of it but the rest of it needed to be skeined up, washed and hung to dry to straighten it out so I could use it again.  



I also had the loom looking like this which means I'm getting close to actually weaving which means...




...it's time to be doing this which means.....



...I had to do a whole lot of this. 





All the new skeins of sock wool I wanted to use for the warp got wound up but now that I am about halfway through winding that warp I realize that making a scarf takes a whole lot of yarn. I might have to put in another order. 








6 comments:

  1. Lots going on! And all yarn goodness. The Charles Chips can brings back childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister and I used to cheer and clap when Charlie Chip came up the driveway! What an array of goodies he carried. Have fun ordering yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness you have a lot happening in your house with yarn. No wonder you forgot your sock! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy weaving! The colors look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it's all good stuff--I should be getting my new loom today!!! (Harrisville 4 shaft about the size of your Wolf Pup)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to seeing what magic comes off the loom!

    ReplyDelete