Sunday, March 24, 2024

Short Line

 

In spite of it being very much spring here, I'm still finding a few minutes here and there to work on the February quilt. This is my fourth block so far and I don't have the slightest urge to pack it up yet. Imagine that.



I've finished all the blocks for Charming Stars and now have to figure out how to do the sashing. I've never done those corner stone things before so it's been interesting. 




I have two more sides of the lighter little house borders to machine quilt and then I have to figure out what to do with the skinny brown edging. This is where things always get ugly for me. The machine likes to eat up those edges and make a mess of them. I do a lot of ripping out but if I don't quilt them they get weirdly puffy after washing. 




Oddly enough, even though I have plenty of sewing work to keep me busy, this week I've been obsessed with the quilt on the right, Scrappy Short Line by Miss Rosie's Quilting Company. I've searched high and low for the pattern with no luck but I did find and buy this one.......




...it's her pattern for the mini version called Slice. I'm not saying I'm starting one anytime soon but it couldn't hurt just to play around with a few scraps now and then, right? 





6 comments:

  1. Your quilts are all looking good! It's a shame that Short Line pattern isn't available as it's a wonderful, colorful quilt, but you should definitely play with some scraps for Slice. What could go wrong?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be a quilter--and a weaver--but I cannot imagine taking on another craft or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it can help you do those last borders if you baste the edges down so they won't catch or ripple when you are machine quilting! The zig zag quilt plans is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You keep making me want to start my dresden quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from a first-time poster! Your work is spectacular, and if you ever need quilt pieces cut, I'm here. My mother was a quilter, and that was my contribution to her projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, it couldn't hurt. lol You've got a lot of beautiful quilts in process. The part that always held me up is the borders. I can never turn the corners right and they look sloppy.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete