Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Wednesday WIPs

 

The worsted weight Gray Blob hit another milestone this week. I did figure out the three needle bind off (easy) and now I've got pockets and half of the bottom ribbing done. I'm really loving this pattern which is Mille for Men by Regina Moessmer btw. I might have to make one of these for myself. I've always wanted a red cardi. 



Riddari also hit a milestone. I'm a few rows into the colorwork yoke and.....I HATE IT. I have no idea why this pattern is so popular. It has you carrying THREE colors on an awful lot of rows. I HATE THAT. I spend more time untangling than knitting I am sad to say. Being such a popular pattern I didn't think to look at the chart beforehand. If I had done it, I wouldn't be knitting Riddari right now. 





And....I finished the third row of Audun. I'm not a big crochet fan so I take this in very small bites and it's a big surprise that it's moving along so quickly. I'm pretty sure this will be done by the time I need an afghan again.








5 comments:

  1. And look, that pocket even works! The BGB is really coming along, and Riddari does look good. I'm knitting with one and carrying one and feel like I'm untangling all the time, so I know I would hate Riddari, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the Mille; I can't believe how adding one more strand to color work can absolutely ruin the pleasure of the knitting! I am sorry! The afghan looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're moving along on all of these. I was intimidated by the three needle bind-off too until I made myself do it. Then I wondered why I was so worried. :-) It is super easy.
    Audun is looking beautiful! Love all of the colors.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pocket is so cute! I hate detangling yarn. It ruins knitting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than a cardigan with pockets!!!

    ReplyDelete