Monday, March 11, 2024

Playing Chicken

 

I haven't been working on Spiral Chicken this week. I've been staring at her. 




This part is giving me fits. I need to start the background but I am afraid the colors I have are going to make those reds in her face disappear. Do I go lighter or darker? I had thought a maroon and had even started a section the last time I worked on her but it wasn't right so I pulled it all out. 




I have a pretty big wool stash so I pulled some darker colors. Maybe I'll start dark around her face and the move out to the maroon? 





I'll give these a try and see what happens. The good thing about all this is that it's easy to pull out when you change your mind-which I seem to do quite often.









6 comments:

  1. Hope your idea works. I love this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a spiral chicken expert by any means but your plan to start dark and move out to maroon sounds like a good one to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you can plan one thing but you have to change your mind when you actually see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plan sounds great! But when you finish Spiral Chicken, I'm going to miss her. Just like Rainbow Kitty.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. No matter what it will look terrific!

    ReplyDelete