Friday, March 8, 2024

Better Late Than Never

 




Well, now....look at that. I just finished the last page of my Inktober journal. Yes, that's the one from October. The Mister's knee surgery plus leaf raking got in the way of me having time to spend on it in October. It's all a bit slap dash (and I skipped a few) but at least I crossed the finish line before October 2024. Having several rainy days in a row this week helped. 




That page had been laying blank, staring at me for months. When I cleaned the room up and put everything back after making soap I didn't have an excuse not to get it finished. It was easy to turn my room back into an "art" room. It's not so easy turning my brain back on I discovered.





After cleaning I got out the things I had to start a new art journal. After all of mine got ruined by a naughty, naughty kitty I had been hoarding things that I had salvaged from the great pee tragedy.  They got a good sort out but I drew a blank on any real inspiration to get started. 




So I made a paper quilt using some pieces I had left from some Gelli plate printing I had done ages ago. I do believe I made some kind of mosaic with them in my old journal.





I ended that wet afternoon by sorting out all my fancy pens. I have boxes and boxes of them. Why, I'm not sure because I never draw anymore but I have to say it was fun trying them all out. 
 








8 comments:

  1. The paper quilt is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to play with art supplies again! I really like the 'quilt' you designed! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorting is a fun activity, and so is your journal! I do like that fiery dragon and that paper quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good way to spend a rainy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much creativity! So much art! So much fun to see! Happy weekend, Virginia ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that papaer quilt!!! Will have to copy you. This month's Cozy Blue stitch club embroidery project is a quilt motif too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better late than never! The quilt is so pretty. You have lots of art supplies, but then you are a very talented artist. I'm terrible. I love that October page. So fun!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete