Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

We had a rainy Saturday so I have a bit more than usual to show off this week. Village Quaker has a new flower vase and a pointy blue thingy that's a part of the big corner section that comes next. 



The first border on Patchwork Printemps is done. I had to rip out and re-stitch those leaves THREE times before I got them in the right place. It seems that counting is not my thing. Thankfully, I now get to stitch the fancy edging. I always like doing that. 




And....my little Sheep from the Heap has more of its berry patch to trample. Those are NOT the same berries I showed off last week. Like those leaves on Patchwork Printemps, I had to rip them out and put them in the right place. The best part of our collective Tiny Needle Tuesday and is finding out that I'm not the only one that is numerically challenged from time to time. It seems it's just part of the process. 




And....the beer soap turned out better than I expected. It's a bit softer than my regular soap but I'll just give it a longer cure and see what happens. Happily, it does NOT smell like beer. It has a very light, nutty scent that's not terrible. Now I have to figure out where to put it. My drying shelves are full. 






8 comments:

  1. All of your pieces are looking great! Village Quaker is still my favorite though. It's so easy to be numerically challenged, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your stitchery pieces look great! There's a lot going on in Village Quaker and I like the random placement of vases, keys, and pointy things. Patchwork and the chubby sheep look nicely springy. Hooray for beer soap that doesn't smell like beer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stitching those pointy things! LOL. Your projects look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching work. Don't you just love it when the weather gives you permission to do our crafty thing? We woke up to snow and strong north winds this morning. A good day for staying insided.
    The beer soap sounds like it was a succss. Yay!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stitching looks great (and I"m glad it doesn't smell like beer!). Re counting: I'm not fanatical about it and will try to 'finesse' things if I'm off a bit. I generally pick patterns where finessing is possible, and I don't think it is on the first two you show (although I think on the spring one I would have tried to finesse).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful results from your experiment. You have some great ideas for experimenting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "A pointy blue thingy" --- accurate ! ;)

    ReplyDelete