Monday, March 4, 2024

Take a Hike

 

We usually take Pup for a daily walk down by the water but I am not convinced that she didn't pick up her illness from the fact that no one and I mean NO ONE seems to clean up after their dogs anymore. We wanted to take her to some off the beaten path type places that maybe were not so contaminated. We found a new little hiking trail near the wetlands which was just enough for her to stretch those little legs. 




The path wound down to the back end of the wetlands. Not a very inspiring view but it seemed relatively clean compared to the filthy boardwalk. 




Back at home I tackled my front beds. The old debris got a good trimming and then the whole thing got a raking. Everything is popping up now. Even the hostas. All of the beds need to be replanted. They are beyond hopeless. I see lots of bags of mulch in my future. 




Please bear with me on my Barbie nonsense, it's the only way I can share photos with MojoJuicy. I've got Malibu Barbie modeling Stevie's newest outfit. Malibu is still waiting for her signature gown. Taylor has a new sheath dress with a huge, sparkly train and new black gloves.  Midge has the cutest skirt and hoodie ensemble. I can't believe how well made these things are for the price. 




Midge also has new stockings in several colors and these adorable sneakers. She also has two other new outfits consisting of jeans and a button up shirt and a floral dress. She'll model those another day because she looks too cute in her hoodie to change her right now. 










7 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice trail. Our daffodils (some) are just about to open!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live in a small town and I thought maybe people were not cleaning up after their dogs here on our sidewalks. I'm sorry it's everywhere; a filthy boardwalk sounds especially disgusting. Your beds look good to me and so does the Barbie squad. Those sneakers and stockings are really something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good for all of your to enjoy a walk off the beaten path! The dolls look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the same issue here at the condo. There are even doggie doo stands all over the property with bags and a garbage can attached. People still don't pick up after their dogs. We think that's how Zoey got so sick at the apartment. Same problem there. Dennis goes out most mornings and picks up everything he can find just so we can take Zoey out without worrying so much. It's ridiculous. It's part of being a dog owner. Cleaning up after your dog. Okay. Rant over!
    It looks like you found a good place to take Pup for her walks. She doesn't care about the view. The new smells are most important. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my golly ..... fishnet stockings! I haven't thought about those for YEARS! Remember how they used to make the bottom of your feet hurt if you walked too much?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would totally wear all of those outfits, if I was 30 years younger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving Midge's outfit and want one for myself - minus the stockings. My life plan is to never ever wear stockings again. I'm sorry to hear about your dirty boardwalk. People are so rude these days. Our flowerbeds are going to require truck loads of mulch.... which is why I've been putting it off for several years. Ugh. I need a gardener.

    ReplyDelete