Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Wednesday WIPs

 

This is a WIP but not a fun one. I spent yesterday stuffed in the hot under stairs closet giving it a desperately needed paint job. The first coat. I have to do the second coat today....groan.



I was supposed to be painting the laundry nook but we ran into some serious repair work behind the washer so that's on hold until we get that drywall issue sorted out. 




A more fun WIP is the shawl collar on this sweater. I'm still wrapping and turning it and it seems to be working. 




The other gray blob finally has two sleeves so it's time to pick up those stitches for the front bands. I really goofed them up the first time I tried to make this sweater so I'm a bit nervous about it. I had some major puckering issues so I'm thinking I need to pick up more stitches this time around especially around that V neck. 




Somehow I managed to squeeze a few minutes out of the afternoon to make a thank you card for Daughter's MIL. She's the one who sent the crabby table runner. I wanted to make her a duplicate of one I had in the sample box but.......




....it wasn't easy seeing that my craft room still looks like this. I had to dig through every box to find what I needed. Somehow I managed to do it but it gave me the heebie jeebies to think about having to put all this stuff away one day. 





7 comments:

  1. The shawl collar will be lovely. I don't envy you your other projects....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing worse than painting in a hot closet is finding further home repairs that need to be done. The gray blobs are really looking like sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really doing a thorough renovation downstairs--I'm impressed! The knitting is zeroing in to the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My advice? Don't put all that stuff away any day. Digging through boxes inevitably yields treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blobs are getting close to completion! And the card is adorable. Good luck with coat 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweater is looking more and more like a wearable. You inspired me to do my own tiny needle Tuesday blog since I decided I did not have enough slow hobbies so am trying to work on my long standing counted cross stitch projects.

    ReplyDelete