Thursday, July 11, 2024

A Trip Around a Chicken

 

I should have been working on the downstairs yesterday but instead I got some unexpected time with an old friend. 



I was supposed to paint the laundry area while The Mister finished up the closet but instead we spent the morning repairing more of the drywall. That ledge was a big concern.



It was practically disintegrating so we had to reinforce it before we could think about tiling it. Then there were worries about the tile. We needed to figure out how the edge would work. I think we have it figured out but it will take another trip out to Lowes for more tile and I am NOT doing that in this heat. Friday should be better-I hope. They are forecasting low 80's which sounds a lot better to me than mid 90's with this humidity.





And....then after yanking up the old molding I found even more rot and disintegrating drywall close to the floor so out came the big joint compound bucket again for more repair work. Maybe today I'll actually get to paint. 




The Mister wasn't happy with all the setbacks but I had no complaints. It was ridiculously hot out so sitting under my fan in the AC with Spiral Chicken was a good way to pass the time. It was a long way around her but I think that new color of wool is going to work out just fine.








4 comments:

  1. I thought it was going to say, "The Mister wasn't happy with the chicken," and he was going to have to answer to a lot of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip around the chicken looks good! (It's also a good thing that you buy spackle in 5-gallon buckets.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many setbacks when you work on the house! Sigh. It's going to be beautiful when it's done! And I love the additional work on the chicken!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes those unexpected breaks are just the thing you need!

    ReplyDelete