Monday, July 8, 2024

Completely Crabby

 

Daughter and SIL had a surprise for me when they came over yesterday. Look what his mom made for me.  How perfect is that?



At first glance I thought the crabs were part of the material but no, they were each appliqued on. I'm impressed.





Of course it came off the table once the real thing showed up. 





The two oldest Grands tried their hand at eating crabs this year. That's a rite of passage around here. They caught on pretty quickly.





After that the kids and I went downstairs and slimed. It was a big hit. We slimed all day. That stuff is crazy fun. 




The donut soap was also fun to make. They looked like the real thing. 




We had real cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes upstairs.....





.....so we could celebrate the 9th birthday of what used to be the baby Grand. He's a very big Grand now. 





It was as messy a day as I predicted, especially the part where the dog walked through all the liquid that had seeped out of the crab box and then walked it all over the house. No problem. I love cleaning up after everyone leaves. It helps me get over feeling bad when they've all gone.  







9 comments:

  1. What a feast! I love crabs, but I hate picking them. Very clever runner for your table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun day! Happy Belated BD to your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love crabs too! Are yours soft shell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not soft shell. We only get those here at a certain time of year when they are molting. I remember vividly seeing my grandmother frying some up in a pan and putting them in between two slices of bread. It gave me the heebie jeebies.

      Delete
  4. Oh... I'd never thought about cleaning that way. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids sure grow up fast, don't they? Crab cakes are one of my favorite foods! That runner is really attractive, and perfect for a seafood dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful feast and I love your "crab runner" gift. Definitely something that fits right in in MD. It all looks very messy but delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the table runner-both the newsprint print and the applique!!! Looks like a wonderful visit; I like cleaning as 'goodbye' therapy, too!

    ReplyDelete