Saturday, July 20, 2024

Ribbit, Ribbit

 

When knitting goes wrong we take it to the frog pond. Same with floors. All that work we did in the hallway had to be taken apart.




Why you may ask? Because of this stupid dark spot.





In the first photo of the work we did in the hall you can see two of those dark spots lined up with each other. That looks bad.  Neither The Mister nor I noticed it until we had finished the entire hallway. 






Lucky for us that this laminate is easier to take apart than it is to put together. In less than an hour we had it all back together again. Whew. Big lesson learned. 




And......the setting of the ledge tile went pretty well considering the walls aren't straight. I wasn't too fussy about it because it's just going to be a landing spot for detergent bottles once we get the laundry area back together. I remember all too well the horrors we had putting tile in one of the bathrooms and the kitchen. We pretty much had to tear the walls out and re-frame them. Our 70 year old selves are not up to that, I'm afraid. Too bad. I've got two more bathrooms I would LOVE to tackle. 









3 comments:

  1. Oh I was so worried when I read the title but glad it was a (fairly) easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably wouldn't have ever noticed the spots aligning if you hadn't pointed it out. But knowing they were there, I'm sure you are happy you fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny that you say frogs - because that torn up floor is slightly reminiscent of a game of Frogger!

    ReplyDelete