Saturday, July 13, 2024

Hitting the Road

 

As promised, yesterday was a decent day. It was cooler and it rained on and off. My kind of weather. Since I usually spin in the morning watching the Tour, I packed up my drop spindle as we headed out to get that tile we needed. I discovered travel spinning is a good thing. I went through almost all the fiber I had brought with me. 




The store was practically empty and since we had driven all that way for just a few pieces of tile I decided to do some browsing much to Pup's dismay. I came home with a new 50 foot hose and three pairs of garden gloves. 





Since Pup had been cooped up all week we took a detour to the water on the way home and let her walk while I finished up the last of that fiber. It was good to be outside again. While I was inside all week hiding from the heat there must have been an explosion of baby ducks. They were everywhere but wouldn't stand still long enough for me to get a photo. 





And....the night before I had braved the heat for an emergency run down to Joanne's. This is what I found. Empty shelves where there used to be lots and lots of quilting fabric. I haven't been in a Joanne's since before the pandemic and I was so disappointed. Dad and I used to spend hours in here picking out fabric for his projects. I came home empty handed and had to go online to get what I needed. They did have plenty of Halloween decor. I suppose Joanne's is going the way of Micheal's and becoming a home decor shop. Skellys they had. Lots and lots and lots of very expensive Skellys.









5 comments:

  1. I like seeing that you can spin (almost) anywhere! At my closest Joann's (still an hour away) they told me they will be carrying very little fabric on orders from corporate and due to the chapter 11. Oh, good, that will give them more room for strongly scented pinecones and expensive skeletons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on Joann's shrinking fabric options. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find Joann's is very lacking in crafts and always stocked with home decor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed that you can spin in the car! Wish you lived close enough for lessons. Our Joanne' took a down turn, and I thought it was closing, but it's still there and looks a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to my JoAnn's in four months but have a trip planned next week! I wonderful what I will find?! The spinning in the car is amazing-I can't do it well! lol Glad you had some outdoor time!

    ReplyDelete