Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Wednesday WIPs

 

I can't believe I was freaking out so much about German short rows. They aren't nearly as complicated as I thought. I've never been very good at wrap and turn short rows so I was expecting the worst. Of course, I haven't finished the whole process so I may have to edit this review but right now...it's not too bad. 




The only other knitting I have on the needles right now is the other gray blob. I need to cast on some mindless travel knitting because this isn't it anymore. In spite of Pup sitting in my lap and being annoying, I did finish the plain part of the second sleeve on yesterday's road trip. Now for the ribbing. 





That road trip was to Lowes. We needed tile for the floor of the little laundry nook in the downstairs. We thought we'd better make that tile mess before we get started on the laminate flooring. 






We didn't come home with anything very interesting. All I wanted was something that was easy to keep clean. That corner is always such a mess from drippy laundry jugs and lint. It's also getting new doors and new cabinets for the back wall-but that will be another trip.











5 comments:

  1. The blobs are looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good, now you have another trip to Lowes to look forward to! Maybe you enjoy it more than I do, but my husband seems incapable of spending less than an hour there, even if he just needs one thing. Of course, he never needs just one thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes simple is best! Pup looks so happy being out and about in her stroller!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never wrap and turn. I'm just not good at it.

    ReplyDelete