Friday, July 5, 2024

Friday Fluff

 

Wednesday was a spectacular Tour day. Cav broke a record for stage wins and I got to play with wool all morning without the incessant buzzing of The Mister who was out playing golf. It was a glorious day.




My wasp sting itchies were finally over so I got explore the Cormo/Tussah braid I brought home from the MDSW. It looked very promising but.......





....that black tussah silk overpowers everything else once it's spun. It's rather drab but it's a lovely soft spin so it breaks even I suppose. 




As soon as The Mister was up the driveway I surrounded myself with all my ongoing fiber projects. 





I've been spinning those bags of merino pencil roving for years on the Russian spindle. I dig it out every Tour and add a little more onto my bobbins. One day I'll have enough to ply-or not. It doesn't really matter. It's all about the process.





I even got out this precious little spindle that one of you gifted me. It's a wonderful little toy. Spinning is like meditation to me. I get into a zone and it feels wonderful. 





I could stay in that zone all day. 




It must be in my DNA. My 5th grandmother had a spinning wheel and lots of wool in her possession in 1778. Once upon a time we had a border collie that had never seen a sheep but he knew how to herd. I think it works this way. 


















5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your husband's golf outing. You are spinning some lovely fluff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects to surround yourself with for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that tussah silk will look amazing knit up!

    I am literally feeling your pain about the wasp sting this morning - I just got stung by a poor bumblebee! It is not pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is wonderful and beautiful, but I read the whole post giggling over "...the incessant buzzing of the mister " 🤣

    ReplyDelete