Thursday, July 25, 2024

The Home Stretch

 

That quilt I need to hand off to my sister next week is almost finished. I'm taking advantage of The Mister being gone for the afternoon to get it done. 



That'll be one less in the binding pile. I've got the baby quilt ready to go and poor Charming Stars is still waiting patiently for its turn to be finished.




We took a walk out yesterday morning before the rains came and watched the crab boats come in. I haven't heard if this has been a good year for them or not but it looked like they had a quite a few bushels ready to  be unloaded. I'm going to need another bushel in the near future for another family thing so I hope whatever luck they are having keeps on.






7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your almost-finished quilt! I'm impressed by the amount of work done in your pile of quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think binding a quilt is my favourite part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like a pile of beautiful quilts to make the heart sing and give feelings of comfort and warmth.
    How fun to live so close to watch the boats return. Happy Crabbing!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is terrific! COngrats on getting on with it! Is it always crab season there? Here to get crabs in the bays it needs to be September-December. Ocean crabs seem available anytime but there is a commercial season which generally is January-sometime in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April through December is when you can legally catch crabs here. There is a lot of crazy rules including no recreational crabbing on Wednesdays.

      Delete
  5. The quilting finishes are always a good thing, especially when you face a deadline! The crabbing boats are so cool to watch when they come in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, watching the crab boats come in brings back such wonderful childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete