Monday, July 1, 2024

Using Your Noodle

 

Well, hello July. Where on earth did you come from? I have to say I was surprised when July 1st came up on the screen for this post. On the last day of June I got out the noodles and sandwiched my sister's memory quilt. I will be forever grateful for whoever came up with this hack. It makes sandwiching a pleasure instead of a chore. I was almost sorry when I ran out of top. It also helped to have the right sized backing material. I'm never piecing a backing again. 



Before I got the noodles out, I added one more white border around the whole thing. I was worried that the binding would eat up too much of that pretty pieced border we worked so hard on.



All that fun was a result of having finished the machine quilting on Charmed Stars. I should be binding it now but silly me sent the binding material home with my sister when I gave her all the leftovers from this fabric collection. This is the second quilt I've made from the Lasting Legacy collection and as pretty as it is, I'm over it. 










4 comments:

  1. That is a really lovely quilt! I hope you get it bound so you can take the requisite photo of you holding it up so we can see it in all of its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on both quilts!!! Nice to see them near the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this for me is like reading something in a foreign language but I do love that quilt!

    ReplyDelete