Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Wednesday WIPs and Woe

 

The last time you saw my Musselburgh hat it looked like this. 



Now it looks like this. It was huge. I mean HUGE. My gauge and stitch count were way off. It seems I didn't actually follow any of the directions at all. I may try again. I might not. Right now it's going to have to sit a while.





Then there is Riddari. It also went to the frog pond this week. I didn't follow any of its directions either. It has an unusual rolled hem which for some reason I ignored and jumped right in with regular ribbing which was wrong. Very wrong. That itty bitty ribbing that I thought the directions called for wasn't going to work no matter how much I wanted to believe it would. It just folded up on itself.  Ribbit. Ribbit. 





Some good news is that I did figure out that if I used the finger protectors I use for hand quilting I can knit without poking a hole in my finger. That's good because I have a lot of catching up to do. 




Happily #17 is behaving and will soon get its parts attached.....




....and Chestnut has finally caught up to Bon Amie so that I can start working on it again. I wanted them in the same place when it came to the arm steeking thing so I only have to figure out the directions once. Me and directions don't seem to be getting along at the moment so the less I have to deal with them the better. 
 

















4 comments:

  1. Oh dear! That's a whole lotta ripping out. Hope things go more smoothly for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s frustrating when the knitting gremlins settle on a project, but you gave them the boot! The three sweaters look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not fun! Hopefully there's no where but up from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling of hitting a knitting slump but I finally found a good run and you will, too!

    ReplyDelete