Wednesday, January 11, 2023

To Dye For



When I started spinning that cute little 2 oz orange braid I lamented the fact that I couldn't find another vendor that sold them as they are just the right amount for a scrappy blanket. Then I remembered I had a big bag of white Corriedale in the stash. Two pounds to be exact just itching to be dyed into the rainbow colors I need to finish the Garter Squish. 




I weighed out 2 ounces and stuffed them into some mason jars to dye in the colors I need which right now are blues and greens. 





I had a good old time making a mess in the kitchen. It's been a long time. Too long. 



Of course it's going to take me forever to get all this pretty stuff spun up which is too bad. 




I really need another reason to do more dyeing. It's an awful lot of fun. 





5 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Pretty! That lavender is calling my name! I can see where you would have a lot of fun with that.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty colors. Get spinning!!! Your Garter Squish will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that the truth! I haven't played with wool and spinning in way too long! Beautiful results of your play day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colors and braids. Dyeing fiber/yarn is a blast! I found some bare sock blanks and plan to dye them this winter.

    ReplyDelete