Friday, January 27, 2023

Friday Fluff




The yellow merino and the California Red that I just carded is filling the bobbins. 



Ditto for the green Corriedale that I just dyed.  I'm trying to spin every day. 




The scrappy hand spun socks are having their heel turned. These will be shorties because the last thing you want is for them to be higher than your soft under socks. Itchy ankles are no fun and these woolliest of woolly socks can really have a bite.



Speaking of socks....I had to go on a grocery pickup the other day and I had no travel projects on the needles. It was terrible so I took advantage of all this wet, rainy weather and had a lazy afternoon knit-a-thon and cast on THREE pairs. Now I'll have plenty to choose from the next time I have to pile in the car for a ride along. 

4 comments:

  1. The casting on of socks is my least favorite thing! You are now ready to rock and roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The handspun yarn looks great as socks! I love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of 'outer' socks! I think I have a pair I will pack when I go to NY next week and the highs are in the low 20's! Beautiful spinning!

    ReplyDelete