Saturday, October 1, 2022

When the Bug Bites

 

Remember this? I couldn't stop thinking about it but I couldn't justify the cost of the yarn being broke and all. 



THEN... Sandflies messaged me to see if she could help with what she had in her Palette stash. A lightbulb went off in my head. I also have a Palette stash. A huge one. Why didn't I think to go stash diving? I never do. I just run to Knit Picks and put in an order.




I not only had a giant bin filled with unused Palette, I had all these Palette kits that I probably am never going to use. I need to cannibalize them. 



It turns out I only needed to supplement with a few balls since Sandflies is also helping out from her stash. The rest I ordered. Very affordable. BUT.....there was still the problem with the construction. I'm not very good at modifying patterns but I wanted a pullover like this one and not a cardigan. 




SO....I bought this pattern and will knit it one step ahead of Chestnut so I can visualize the shaping and construction techniques used for a bottom up in the round pullover with sleeve steeks. It's Bonamie by Astrid Tueting. I sat up until 2 am on Thursday night to cast on 320 stitches and then had to figure out that corrugated ribbing thing. It was a pain to get started but now I'm hooked. 




Of course this one is going to be a mish mash of colors. I divided up my Palette stash into light and dark and am just going to have fun with it as I go along. Two Fair Isles at a time? I gotta be nuts but the thought of it makes me happy. 










5 comments:

  1. That is going to be beautiful. I would never be brave enough to modify from a cardigan to a pullover. I'm just not advanced enough to do something like that, but I sure can admire your work! Enjoy!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect fall project. Those colors are beautiful.

    http://woolandsteel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to be beautiful and so much fun to knit. I love the idea of just having fun with the lights and darks. No worry about running out of a certain color... I love that idea! That may have to go on my 2023 To Knit list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to watching this one project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do Fair Isle so well--you will have a blast! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete