Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Wednesday WIPs and Watercolor

 

The Lofoten socks don't look much different from the last time I showed them off but I swear I've added a few rows. Those toes have to be close now. I need to measure.



My poor Undines are now just a kinky ball. It was a three strikes and you're out kind of thing. First, they didn't fit-too small. Then I had forgotten to center the pattern over the foot so they look crooked. Finally the speckled yarn didn't work with the pattern. It looked dirty. When I got to the foot I could see that the colorway looked much better in plain stockinette so it was off to the frog pond for now. I'll start over when the Lofotens are done. 



The Bitty Spruce got its bottom put on a cable so I could judge the proportions. The pattern said start the hem at 6" below the arms but it looked too short to me so I am going to get some sleeves on before I finish the bottom so it all works together. I hope. I am pretty much useless when it comes to getting things to fit so all I can do is hope. 



And........as for watercolor, now that I am FINALLY back in the downstairs craft room I've been going down there at night instead of flopping on the couch after dinner. I get some stitching done and then I take a few minutes to throw some ink and paint around on my latest mandala. It's only July but I'm already getting fired up about Inktober AND....I just ordered my Christmas card materials for this year. I can't wait for this year's big card reveal. To say I'm giddy about it is an understatement. It's been a long time.....


6 comments:

  1. Oooooo.....can't wait to see the Christmas card design. Your cards are always gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Lofoten socks are GORGEOUS!! and that little sweater is so cute. Pretty mandala too. You've been busy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to be playing and looking forward to more playing with watercolor and ink! The baby sweater is gorgeous! (I would stop at 6" and add the ribbing for more length!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn’t it grand when life falls back into a routine after a stressful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2/3 aint bad!
    I was thinking of joining Inktober this year too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! That little sweater is adorable! Can't wait to see the Christmas card reveal.

    ReplyDelete