Thursday, December 16, 2021

68!

 

Happy birthday to me. I'm 68 today and feel every inch of it. I had to go to the dentist yesterday for a checkup and right before I left the house I took a nasty fall-right on top of The Mister who was on the floor trying to put the bottom panel on the new dishwasher. I got tangled up in the vacuum cord and went right over-splat. If that's not an old lady thing nothing is. Last night we were both feeling the affects of that splat. 20 years ago that fall would have been a big laugh. Not so much at 68.




So how am I spending my big day? Finishing up the cabinets I hope. Getting those knobs lined up on the all those drawers has been an adventure. I've used every trick I know to get them even. The template was great for the big handles but for centering the little knobs-not so much.




And talk about stress....there's nothing like drilling holes into your brand new (but discontinued) cabinets so if we make a mistake it will be there forever. Even The Mister had the heebie jeebies.  I was hoping to have this done so I could empty some boxes and put up my tree tonight but that's not going to happen. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not.









11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! But gee, falling is not good.
    I'm convinced Burton is trying to make sure I don't see 43. He's constantly running under my feet and between my legs as I'm trying to walk lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! You look fabulous!!! We are the same age:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very happy birthday!!!!! Stumbles are our new dance routines! (I have a theory about why we gain weight as we age--padding for the falls that happen!) lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! You do not look 68 at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Those fajitas look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday a day late! You look great my friend. You were a busy girl yesterday. Isn't it fun to put stuff away in new cabinets? It's almost like moving in again. I did that last night with the laundry closet cabinets. They are so neat now. I hope they stay that way.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Glad you are just sore after your fall and that nothing is broken!

    ReplyDelete