Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Tiny Needle Tuesday: October!

 The October block of the Sheep Virtues looks like fun. I've got a baby sheepie and a pile of pumpkins to stitch.



 I only got this far with the Button Eyed Cat. I'm using teeny tiny aida which means teeny tiny stitches. I have to wait for a sunbeam to hit my work table so I can see what I'm doing-and that's with using the magnifier.


 Having said all that, it's still a fun project. I like it so much I made it its own Halloween grime guard from the fabric stash.


I've got one more block of Dear Jane done and one in the works.


I also lost my mind the other night and decided to start ANOTHER paper piecing project. It's called Star Rose. That's what hanging out on Pinterest after midnight does to your brain. I put those little pieces from Dear Jane in at the bottom of the photo so you can see the difference in size. Star Rose is made of BIG pieces which makes for an easy stitch.


This is what the finished quilt looks like.




I also have a head start because Daddio left me a huge bin of already covered 2 inch hexies which is what you use for the center. I think I'll raid his fat quarter stash for the rest of the block. I don't think there is a color he doesn't have.


9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that new quilt, although how you keep these projects straight is beyond me. So pretty though. I also like that pile of pumpkins and baby sheep in your virtues kit. That would be fun to cross stitch. I wouldn't even attempt to make that tiny fabric. I can barely see the 14 count!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh .............pumpkins AND sheep. Can't get much cuter than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Star rose may be bigger, but it still looks crazy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Star Rose project looks fabulous, like kaleidoscope. Liana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cross stitch project! You are one brave quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Given a choice, I'd definitely work on Star Rose: Dear Jane's tiny pieces would be too fiddly for my large hands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Button eyed cat is going to be wonderful! Love the Star Rose quilt that you are going to start working on. I cannot believer that you still have fabric from your Dad to use in these projects. How special that is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Fall stitching happening!
    The new paper pieced rose stars will be fantastic--you're amazingly ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pumpkins & sheep - what a perfect fall pairing! Love the new grime guard and all your other projects. Can't wait to see the colors you choose for the newest quilt.

    ReplyDelete