Monday, October 21, 2019

Rainy Days and Mondays...

We had an all day soaker yesterday. I can't remember the last time we had real rain.



It was dark and gloomy so it was hard to focus on anything much but I did manage to finish Pup's sweater. Well, almost. I can't decide if I am going to rib around the front leg openings. She's not a fan of sweaters with any kind of sleeve but it looks a little unfinished. I'm also not so sure about the back shaping. I am going to make her another one but I might just square it off rather than rounding it like the pattern called for.



 I didn't get any sewing done but I did get the binding on the fall table runner finished.




For a brief moment I was tempted to drag out the Halloween stuff. I started with my Jack O Lantern rug hooking project but realized I didn't have the wool I needed for the background so I said the heck with decorating and instead spent my time looking for wool on the internet. I found some. It won't be here until the end of the week. Maybe my Halloween mojo will be back by then, maybe not.

11 comments:

  1. Pup looks very cute in her new sweater.

    Your rain yesterday was OUR rain today. Hopefully, tomorrow will be sunny or I will have NO Teeny Needle Tuesday progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pup's sweater is cute. Why not crochet a bit around the sleeve edge rather than add a sleeve. The Jack-o-lantern is cute as can be. I hope your mojo returns because it's too cute not to finish it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been pouring here all day too. Dennis said with as much rain as we've had, if it had been snow we would be buried up to our eyeballs, so I'm grateful for the rain. :-)
    Love Pups coat. I think you did a beautiful job on it. The table runner too. It's perfect for fall.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday was a good day of recuperation for me after having age 3 Grandson and his Dad visit Friday and driving a bit of a way to help other dear Grandmother help with the other set of Grandchildren while Mama and Dad were away for several days. It didn't help that I got lost and had to be rescued :(
    Pup's sweater looks adorable - anything of that little sweetie looks adorable! Your table runner really is lovely! I hope you get your mojo back before your yarn arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Pup's sweater. I think the front leg holes look fine but if she doesn't like sleeves and you don't like the unfinished look, how about a simple, loose icord border?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pup's sweater is just beautiful and looks great with her fur. Maybe it is more comfortable for her without the sleeves. Love your fall table runner and hope Jack O Lantern gets completed this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've had lots of rain, too, and flooding in some places. Glad we live on a hill! Cute doggie sweater; maybe crochet around the "arm holes"?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had lots of rain today. The farmers' are losing time to harvest hay. We are learning about this at the Barn. That pup sweater is so dang cute. You know I made a neck tube and a tummy tube for a goat. No sleeves!!!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even we had rain! The dog sweater is very pretty on Pup; I like the leg openings like that-the ones I did are very skinny....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can there be anything cuter than pup in that sweater?

    ReplyDelete