Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Needlework

 The Kroys are done.


 I got perfect toe match thanks to knitting both side by side at the same time. Of course it wasn't too hard to match with these stripes but you never know. Stripes can be tricky.


 I had 20 grams of each ball left. If I make these again for myself, I'll make them higher. I like knee socks when it's cold.


  Moving up in the finishing queue is Biscuit. I can't say enough good things about this pattern and this yarn. The yarn is Slinky Cat and it's like buttah. The pattern is surprisingly quick and cowls never are as a rule.  Even better, it looks much more complicated than it is and that's always a good thing.


Here's something new. This isn't my project. This is Daughter's. She wanted to make her own garter stitch prayer shawl in gray. I gave her a green one and she wants another but knows if she wants it anytime soon she'll have to do it herself. I got it started for her. Let's see how far she gets.

5 comments:

  1. Best to teach them how to fish!
    I love that you love your pattern that lOOKS complicated. Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Kroys are amazing. I hope you get a chance to make yourself a pair out of the leftover yarn. The colors are fun and soothing at the same time. The shawl is a pretty colorway as well.

    I hope your daughter enjoys her new knit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwww...the new socks are so sweet. I love Kroy. It wears for EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice socks, and great job on the matching stripes! I need that Biscuit pattern.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty knits on and off your needles. I need to be inspired, thanks.

    ReplyDelete