Monday, August 11, 2014

Mount Everest

 This project is like climbing a mountain. Unless you live at the top, there is no real reason to do it. I spun these singles on a drop spindle during the TdF but had nothing to ply them with.


 I decided to stash dive and I found some various blues that might work. I got this much spun when I ran into a little problem.



 I had used this blue that I alternated with a darker blue and then, of course, I ran out of the darker blue.


I bought this to replace it but it's too dark. I thought it was the same stuff but clearly it isn't.


 So I decided to take the bobbin of blue singles and go back and pull it apart at every light blue change and add a section of the new dark blue for continuity.


It's actually easier than it looks but is there any real reason for doing all this? No. I just want to see if I can do it.


4 comments:

  1. Oh dear god woman. You're not just climbing a mountain, you're going up the cliff side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does insanity run in the family?!? It is a great way to blend but...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how this turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Jasper Carrot said, "because it's there? So's an elephant's bum but I don't want to climb up it."

    ReplyDelete