Friday, August 22, 2014

Another False Start

 After watching my new DVD on warping methods, I decided to put aside the dishtowel kit and raid the stash. I wanted to play with all the new techniques I had learned but I didn't want to ruin my expensive kit materials.


 Halfway through the new warp, I realized that I was going to run out before I could come up with a pattern that made sense.


 Even so, I went ahead and finished to see how bad it could be.


It's bad. I don't think I can live with those red stripes on one side of the towel and not on the other. I'm pretty sure the next time I post about this project you will see that I unwound it (I'm getting good a that) and tried another configuration.

3 comments:

  1. I like this! Symmetry is overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Move the red from the side into the center and its all good...almost.I see the white has to get split from that side, too. Are you having fun yet!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great colors. I'm not sure I'd have the patience to unwrap.

    ReplyDelete