Friday, May 10, 2024

Working Girl

 

I didn't get to have much fun yesterday. It was second coat day.



Up next is some fancy painting. I'm going to try and turn the cover of the circuit box into a chalkboard and put a dark stain on some wood doors that hide the water heater. We've also got a ceiling fan to hang.





To my dismay, The Mister is snug as a bug in a rug surrounded by the mess. He cleared out a workspace and hasn't had a bit of trouble keeping up with his crafty endeavors. It's starting to drive me crazy. I'm always looking for something I need and then realizing I can't get to it. 




Just when I thought my day of work was over my armoire exploded. The side panel came loose and all the shelves fell out, spilling my clothes everywhere. That had to be fixed.





For someone who spends all day in their pajamas I had a ridiculous amount of clothes. Most of them are getting donated. 




While I was at it, I hit the closet and bagged up all my woollies. I had found these great zipper bags at Ikea the last time I was there and they were perfect for the job. Going through my woollies is always like visiting old friends since most of them don't get used much anymore. I'm not sure what happened to winter around here but after these past few days of heat and humidity, I'd like it back. 








6 comments:

  1. Ugh! That doesn't sound like a fun day! At least with the second coat, the painting starts to look good, and the idea of a chalkboard sounds intriguing. And you got your armoire cleaned out, even if you hadn't planned on doing that task. I hope today has at least a bit of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chilly here this a.m. I'll be putting hand knit socks on when I go over the feed Talbot and Marcel soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes on the exploding armoire (it sounds like a great mystery story though). I think you might have a ghost?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chalk boarding the circuit breaker box sounds interesting. Be sure to post it when you are done. I'd like to see how it looks. (Better than a breaker box, I'm guessing AND you can write something fancy on it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the comfort clothes vs. "real" ones. How does that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some late Spring cleaning is happening for you! Keep the end goal in sight!

    ReplyDelete