Thursday, May 2, 2024

Shades of Gray

 

It's still ridiculously hot here so yesterday morning we got Pup out early for a walk on the beach before.....



....we started this. I can tell you that I was NOT having a lot of fun. I spent the morning questioning my life choices.




My sister was leaving on her cross country road trip and had sent this photo right before they set off which put me in a royal funk. Painting these four walls doesn't really make them anymore interesting I'm afraid.




And.....for those of you who asked about the paint color, it's the brighter white on this partially painted wall. It is actually a very light gray-Distant Gray to be exact. One by one I've been painting every single room in the house this color because it makes touch up very easy, especially in a house like this one that has no storage, no garage and no outside shed where you can store extra paint. I perked up a bit afterwards when I went online and spent a small fortune on things like light fixtures and window shades. I also looked at some ways to better organize all my paper craft and art stuff. I may be hating the process but this may turn out to be pretty cool once it's done.







6 comments:

  1. I hate painting too. But I love the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally like white (or Distant Grey) as a wall color. Here's hoping you're much happier with your newly painted walls and new fixtures. Who comes up with paint color names and how can I get a job doing that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, look to the other side of this project!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So forward-thinking! I'd never considered touch-ups in choosing paint color...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just because the Mister doesn't want to travel - doesn't mean you can't! Once the renos are done, why not take a road trip with your sister? Or you kids! Or a friend!
    I've gone several places without Dave because it just wasn't his thing

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been crazy here, but I'm finally reading your post. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete