Monday, May 6, 2024

MDSW 2024 Part 2: The Stuff

 

My MDSW shopping spree actually started the night before. I had set the dog's dinner on fire (long story) and the house was filled with smoke. We turned on all the fans, opened all the windows and went down to the beach for a few hours where our monthly block party of old cars and craft vendors was in full swing. Some lovely ladies were selling fiber so I broke into my festival cash and brought home the bottom two. $20 for both. A real bargain. 





The first thing I spied to buy on Saturday were these pretty bags of merino. 



I'm going to use them to make more of these but this time not in clown colors. 






I ventured into a big tent to bring home one of these. It's Cormo and silk and will be this year's TdF project. I am kicking myself that I didn't buy more of these Cormo braids. They had some other really pretty colorways. I checked their website but....nope. 





Hipstrings also had some pretty dyed cotton sliver. I've been spinning their cotton for several Tours now hoping one day to have enough for a weaving project. 





My big splurge was this bag. I had glanced at this vendor's booth on my first go round and couldn't stop thinking about her bags even though I have so many really nice bags already in use at home. But...I just couldn't bring myself to leave without one and when I went back and dug through the racks I found this little one. It's like it was sitting there just waiting for me. I fell in love.





Even the lining is beautiful. I'm going to admire it for a long while and one day I am going to find a sock project that's worthy of it. 





And that was it...minus the big pretzel I had for breakfast. No yarn this year. I usually pick up some sock yarn in the festival colorways but I didn't like them. It's not like I don't have enough sock yarn here. I've got several life times worth. So.... now I get to look forward to next year. Only 363 days. I can't wait.








 

7 comments:

  1. I think I would have fallen hard for that bag too, but what I really envy right now is the pretzel. LOL Looks delicious. Needs mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure got some gorgeous fibers! And that bag!!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purchases are all lovely and I look forward to seeing them carded and spun. Your bag is really beautiful so I hope you find a sock worthy of being carried in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that Cormo & Silk braid is stunning. You have some good finds and that bag is so pretty. Bags are a definite weakness of mine. Not purses, just knitting bags! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with Dee that the pretzel is calling to me! And that blossom colorway is beautiful. I do like that bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fiber! I am trying to get the oomph to dye some cotton fiber for spinning! The project bag is perfection!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the second --- purple, turquoise, tan. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete